Applications are accepted only during scheduled times. You may find our scheduled times each month by checking our Facebook page or by calling 781-293-4625 and selecting extension 6.
Firearms Licensing Procedure
Applicants must be citizens of the United States or Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens.
Applicants must be a resident of Hanson or own a business in the Town of Hanson.
After you have completed the steps required, drop off your completed application at the Hanson Police station during the times when the department is accepting applications.
Include the following documentation with the application:
- For a LTC or FID, a copy of your Basic Firearm Safety Certificate or Hunter Safety Certificate.
- If naturalized for citizenship, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate.
- For an FID if you are under 18 years of age, a notarized permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- A copy of the front and back of your current FID or LTC.
- If the LTC is for employment purposes, a letter from your employer verifying the need for the license.
- If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien, a copy of both sides of your Resident Alien Identification card
- If you are applying as a Business Owner, a copy of proof of ownership
- Proof of residency and a photo identification (e.g. Massachusetts Driver’s License, I.D., or voter registration card)
- Non-refundable application fee. Application fees are payable by MONEY ORDER, or PERSONAL CHECK made payable to the Town of Hanson
LTC/FID – $100.00 (Renewal Applicants 70 years of age or older, there is no charge)
FID – $25.00 (Applicants under the age of 18)
You must answer all the questions truthfully. Pay particular attention to Question # 10: Have you ever appeared in any court as a defendant for any criminal offense (excluding non-criminal traffic offenses)? Some traffic violations are criminal. If you’re unsure, please ask……….
- This includes all adult and juvenile appearances
- This includes a sealed record. (You do not have to report what is in the sealed record) We will be notified if your sealed record disqualifies you from having an FID card or LTC
- It does not matter if you were found not guilty or if the charges were dismissed or continued without a finding.
- Having been arrested and convicted of a crime does not necessarily prohibit you from getting a LTC or FID.
If your LTC/FID is about to expire let us know so we can try to get you renewed before the expiration date.